McCray School is a historic one-room school building located near Burlington. It was built in 1915-1916. The school continued in operation until the consolidation of four rural Alamance County schoolhouses in 1951. The school has been remodeled to appear as it did in 1915. The school fell out of use when Pleasant Grove Elementary opened in 1952, and was destroyed in a storm in the 1980's. The Historical Properties Commission of Alamance County worked with the county schools to restore the school. For more information or tours call the Burlington Alamance County School System, 336-570-6060. Admission: Free. Photo credit: Earl C. Leatherberry.